Enhancements to StreetSmart Edge® Charting Capabilities Provide More Market Visibility
Public Company Information:
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Charles Schwab today announced it has introduced a series of new and enhanced features for StreetSmart Edge®, its flagship trading platform for active traders. The enhancements include tools that increase a trader’s visibility into real-time market movements, helping them identify trading opportunities and further simplifying the overall trading experience. The platform now offers:
- Enhanced Charting Capabilities that enable traders to view their positions and open orders relative to current market prices on a chart that is easily accessible within their StreetSmart Edge layout.
- The New High/Low Ticker tool, a symbol tracking feature that identifies securities that are hitting 52-week or intraday highs or lows, in real time. Traders can also view high/low activity for a customized list of securities and track the cumulative number of new highs/lows for a specific stock.
- Integrated Access to the Market Edge® Second Opinion® Weekly, a ratings tool that provides technical insight into the markets to help identify trading opportunities.
- New StreetSmart Edge Web Browser that allow traders to seamlessly access their favorite web sites and online resources without ever leaving StreetSmart Edge.
- Improved Workflow and Customization Upgrades that allow traders to create hot keys, customize displays and export key data.
“With high levels of market volatility it is more important than ever to have real-time visibility into market movements and timely access to resources that inform trading decisions,” says Kelli Keough, vice president of active trading at Charles Schwab. “We have built on StreetSmart Edge’s foundation to give active traders advanced monitoring and tracking tools that address these critical needs.”
Launched in February 2011, StreetSmart Edge mirrors an active trader’s workflow for a more intuitive trading experience. With trading tools that work together and a workflow that is aligned with the way traders think, clients can spend less time thinking about how to use the platform and more time identifying trading opportunities.
For more information, traders can visit www.schwab.com/ssedge or call 1-877-566-0905.
Market Edge and Second Opinion are registered trademarks of Computrade Systems, Inc., which is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Schwab's StreetSmart Edge is available for qualified Schwab Active Trading clients only.
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE:SCHW) is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 300 offices and 8.2 million client brokerage accounts, 1.44 million corporate retirement plan participants, 754,000 banking accounts, and $1.65 trillion in client assets. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC, www.sipc.org), and affiliates offer a complete range of investment services and products including an extensive selection of mutual funds; financial planning and investment advice; retirement plan and equity compensation plan services; referrals to independent fee-based investment advisors; and custodial, operational and trading support for independent, fee-based investment advisors through its Advisor Services division. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides banking and mortgage services and products. More information is available at www.schwab.com and www.aboutschwab.com. (0911-5554)