Schwab Enhances Order Entry Capabilities and Adds Market Monitoring Tools for Active Trading Platform
Tools for Active Traders Now Available on Schwab iPad App
Public Company Information:
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Charles Schwab today announced a new suite of enhancements to StreetSmart Edge®, its flagship platform for active traders, which incorporates more flexible order entry capabilities and powerful new market monitoring features. The new tools are seamlessly integrated into the intuitive StreetSmart Edge workflow to help clients identify new trading opportunities and efficiently execute their trading strategies. Highlights of the new features include:
- Flexible order entry capabilities that allow traders to edit orders directly from charts without the extra step of navigating to the trading or order status screens within the StreetSmart Edge workflow. Traders can now close positions or edit existing orders directly from charts that already show their current positions and open orders relative to current market prices, reducing the time it takes to execute trading strategies.
- Customizable stock screening with Screener Plus, a sophisticated stock selection tool that helps clients identify possible trading opportunities by filtering stocks based on a range of fundamental and technical criteria. Traders can set the parameters that are most important to them and then integrate Screener Plus results with their pre-defined watch lists.
- Enriched market monitoring with the Momentum Tool, giving traders a unique, graphical view of potential momentum shifts for a customized list of securities. This feature provides an at-a-glance view of whether market participants have been increasing or decreasing their posted quotes, allowing clients to view the ebb and flow of market sentiment and possibly helping them determine when to enter or exit positions.
- Integrated access to Schwab’s ETF Screener gives traders the ability to seamlessly search for ETFs from a variety of issuers within StreetSmart Edge on a range of criteria, including exposure to various markets, industries, sectors, and asset indexes.
- Additional decision-making and decision-tracking resources for traders, including the Trader’s Marketplace and Notes. Trader’s Marketplace streamlines trading research by providing access to third-party tools as well as Schwab’s proprietary research all in the same place within the StreetSmart Edge platform. Clients can also purchase a variety of tools from third-party vendors at discounted rates within Trader’s Marketplace. With Notes, clients can jot down comments and even take a chart snapshot, helping them later evaluate their trading activity and decision-making process.
“To be successful in a fast-moving market, active traders need to be able to efficiently identify and act on trading opportunities,” says Kelli Keough, vice president of active trading at Charles Schwab. “Our latest platform upgrade delivers a combination of sophisticated analytical tools and flexible trading features to help traders do just that, in a way that seamlessly fits into their trading workflow.”
In addition to the platform enhancements, active traders can now use Schwab’s new application for the Apple iPad to access charting features, tools and other trading features with the convenience of their iPad.
“We are very excited to launch an iPad app that delivers the trading capabilities that our clients want along with the trading experience they expect,” adds Keough.
For more information, traders can visit www.schwab.com/ssedge or call 1-877-566-0905.
Investors in ETFs should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Schwab's StreetSmart Edge is available for qualified Schwab Active Trading clients only.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE:SCHW) is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 300 offices and 8.5 million client brokerage accounts, 1.5 million corporate retirement plan participants, 777,000 banking accounts, and $1.67 trillion in client assets. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC, www.sipc.org), and affiliates offer a complete range of investment services and products including an extensive selection of mutual funds; financial planning and investment advice; retirement plan and equity compensation plan services; referrals to independent fee-based investment advisors; and custodial, operational and trading support for independent, fee-based investment advisors through its Advisor Services division. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides banking and mortgage services and products. More information is available at www.schwab.com and www.aboutschwab.com. (1211-8195)